Last year I saw numerous articles about choosing a goal word for the year. I’m noticing less talk in 2016 about defining words to specify our goals.
This year, let’s bring this tool back on the table! Plus, I want to give you a selection of words to choose from.
First, let’s discuss how to order Topiramate why this is important. As a mental health therapist I have used this technique with clients. When a person is struggling with anxiety and/or panic attacks, I recommend having a “soothing” word to ease them through their anxiety. Honestly, my soothing word is “breathe” and I need reminders to do this DAILY! (You’re nodding in agreement right?)
I’ll break these words into topics so you can select according to your needs.
Focus (a personal fave)
Personal Power Words
Live In The Moment
Mindful or Mindfulness
Wow! What a list!
How many words stood out for you? What spoke to you? As I wrote this, the words “listen” and “energy” stood out for me.
enter What can you do with your power word?
- Retype this whole list of words and see how you feel. Seriously.
- Place your power word on your phone’s alarm clock. Boom! Wake up to power!
- Write down this power word as soon as you sit down for work. Post-It notes are the best mental reminders!
- Tell others about your word. Hold yourself accountable to its meaning.
- Use this word on your vision board or goal planning sheets.
- Write about your power word in your journal. What significance will it have in your life and how will it drive your energy? (For journal prompts refer to my previous post)
- Find a book or song with this word in the title. If the song makes you feel good play that song for reinforcement (in traffic, waiting to pick up the kids, on way to work).
get link What is your power word for 2016?