In Part 1 of this music series I discussed how music can boost different types of moods and how I have used it with clients in therapy. Part 2 will focus specifically on romantic songs.
In the 2000 stand-up comedy, The Original Kings of Comedy, Steve Harvey discussed how old school music could make your “ass damn near blow up” as soon as you hear the song start! I react to some of my favorite slow-jams the same way Steve does! Click on the link below to see how he explains how music makes him feel. CAUTION: Explicit language in this video
Here’s a playlist for the lovers on this Valentine’s week. It was VERY DIFFICULT to condense this into a list of recommended “mood-boosters” but I’m hoping you will be pleased with this. Or at least to inspire you to create your own! The Earth, Wind and Fire song listed below is the same one Steve Harvey dances to at the beginning of the video. Enjoy!
1. Brian McKnight – Still In Love
2. Sade – Kiss Of Life
3. Earth, Wind and Fire – Love’s Holiday
4. Stevie Wonder – Knocks Me Off My Feet
5. Robin Thicke – Teach U A Lesson
6. Luis Miguel – Contigo Aprendi
7. Luther Vandross – If Only For One Night
8. Jill Scott – Crown Royal
9. Janet Jackson – Anytime, Anyplace