As I read my newsfeeds of New Years resolutions and affirmations, I see a common theme: “I want to take better care of myself/my health/my sanity.
While you might wonder where the hell you’ll fit time in for self-improvement, let’s look at your 1st enemy: your schedule.
You can’t fit 3 cars into a 2-car garage so naturally, something has to go! Let’s see what you can subtract so you can make room for improvements!
http://saintjohnsbeltsville.org/event/parish-meeting/?ical=1 What can you subtract?
-Mindless scrolling through outdated info on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. (when is the last time you purged these newsfeeds?)
– Excessive online shopping.
– Watching the news for hours.
– Watching trash TV.
– Using your phone at the gym
– Binge watching your shows every weekend
– Responsibilities that seem to always seem to fall on your lap because NO ONE ELSE SIGNS UP (think of your kids’ school, coaching, kids’ activities, projects at work).
-Family responsibilities that need to be delegated. Why are you doing everything?
– Overcompensating at home by trying to be perfect. 7 days of 3 course meals, spotless sink every night, etc. Obsessive behaviors take up WAY TOO MUCH TIME!
buy finasteride online paypal What can you add that would be nourishing?
- First, decide what nourishing means to you. Do you need to refresh your soul, spirit, health, sleep patterns, breathing patterns? Click To Tweet
- Nourishing your soul or spirit? Add these: spiritual music, instrumental meditative music, traditional comfort recipes, redecorating the house with crystals, plants and soothing elements (See my post on ways to increase the peace in your environment)
- Include healthier drinks, snacks, meals into your daily routine. Appoint an accountability buddy at work to encourage you to have healthy lunches. Don’t carry your bank card to work. Shop for work lunches on Sunday.
- Add in comfort meals that remind you of home, a beloved family member or a favorite season.
- Buy warmer or higher thread count pillowcases, sheets or a new quilt. Flip your mattress or re-decorate your bedroom. Add new colors, comforting pictures or décor.
- Improve the air quality where you sleep and work. Use plants that remove toxins from the air. Use aromatherapy, misters, humidifiers and/or change air filters.
- Nourish your mind with podcasts, a fun fiction book, a YA book series, coloring books, board games, book clubs, groups that encourage creativity or intellectual conversation.
As many people incorporate fitness into their new year routines, their schedules are the 1st thing that need to be adjusted. If the word “sacrifice” scares you, change your language to make your adjustments more comfortable. You are making new CHOICES (not sacrifices) in order to support your goals. Click To Tweet
One thing I love about the new year is a chance to freshen up my surroundings. Even though I love the holidays more than Buddy the Elf, I welcome the new environment and opportunity to dust off my shoulders.
Self-care is about nourishment.
A new year is the perfect time to incorporate nourishment and fresh beginnings.
buy modafinil chemist warehouse What are you willing to subtract in your life?